Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Something I did not expect


Something I did not expect to happen anytime in the near future was a return to effects makeup. I worked the last three days on a short about a vampire with a humanized angle. It was superfun to finally do makeup on a horror; sweat, blood, tears, fangs, bites, the works. Interestingly enough, most of the makeup effects weren't originally supposed to be there-- I went ahead and did what I thought should be done and the directors went for it every time. Originally there was supposed to be no bite, no blood, I got them to approve a neck appliance of fang bites the size of nickles (and applied both in under twenty minutes!!) Here is the only picture I have in focus of the lead, but more will be on the way when the set photographer gets back in touch.

No comments: